With trust and equality as the foundation of Disability Advocates and Resource Center, we will treat all individuals in an effective and efficient manner with the highest level of honesty, integrity, dignity, and respect.
Ensuring the availability of services and programs, Disability Advocates & Resources Center will become the leading, most visible Center for Independent Living to all people with disabilities.
Disability Advocates & Resource Center is a non-profit organization which seeks to empower people with disabilities to achieve their desired level of independence.
Eastern NC Center for Independent Living, Inc. (ENC-CIL) April 30, 2019
DBA: Disability Advocates & Resource Center (DARC)(NonProfit)
POSITION TITLE: Executive Director
TYPE: Full-Time; Exempt
LOCATION: Greenville, NC 27834
Hours: Office Hours 9 AM to 5 PM
Training: Training will be provided
Rate of Pay: Compensation commensurate with background and experience
Disability Advocates & Resource Center (DARC), a private NonProfit, located in Greenville, North Carolina, serving Pitt, Beaufort and Wilson Counties, is searching for an Executive Director.
The E.D. is responsible for the administration and overall functioning of all aspects of the Center, including fiscal, personnel and programmatic. The E. D. works with the Board of Directors to develop Center policies and short/long range plans and is responsible for their implementation. The E. D. will ensure compliance with all Contractual obligations of the Center. The E. D. represents the Center with State and Local policy makers and administrators.
· B.S. or Masters Degree in Human Services Field or Business Management (candidate may be in the process of completing degree requirements). Accumulated courses in supervision or management may be reviewed in absence of a degree.
· Knowledge of Independent Living movement, philosophy and major disability rights issues.
· Experience working at a Center for Independent Living or grass roots disability advocacy organization, minimum of one-year experience.
· Experience as a manager within a nonprofit organization advocating for persons with disabilities.
· Minimum of two (2) years experience in developing budgets and accounting procedures using QuickBooks accounting system.
· Minimum two (2) years knowledge and experience working with county, state and federal agencies, (i.e., DSS, Medicaid, SS and School systems).
· Knowledge of government and legislative processes.
· Excellent people skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Working knowledge of computers, internet, and emails as well as Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
· Experience in Payroll Accounting and Human Resources.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Delegation of responsibilities and supervision of personnel.
· Monitor compliance of Administration for Community Living and other grants/income sources.
· Develop and negotiate contracts, grants, marketing and promotions with public and private sources.
· Develop, plan, budget, staff, implement and evaluate entire programs.
· Organization leadership, financial/fiscal management and general administration of the Center for Independent Living.
· Coordination of long and short range planning for the CIL.
· Service on agencies, councils and boards in the service area.
· Report to the Governing Board monthly.
· Write articles for newsletters.
· Prepare reports as required.
· Maintain consumer confidentiality.
· Provide information and referral.
· Keep detailed records of all contacts and activities.
· Assist with coordinating/collaborating with other agencies and other special events.
· Other duties as assigned.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline to apply: August 15th, 2019
Disclaimer: “The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in the job description restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason.”
Eastern NC Center for Independent Living dba: Disability Advocates & Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified minorities, women and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Sign up to receive our bi-monthly newsletter!
We love our consumers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
702 A. Johns Hopkins Drive, Greenville, NC 27834, US
Monday - Thursday: 9am - 5pm